Rebecca,
 I'm currently attending the Museum Computer Network conference in Montreal this weekend. This topic about cultivating surveys from the public using technology is one of the topics. If I run into anything during the seminar that may be of use I will definitely send word and information!

Also check mcn.edu, they may have external links.

Regards,
Bree