I have used Facebook advertising for our museum.   With only one exception that I can think of, the only demographic criteria that I have targeted is zip codes. The nice thing about Facebook advertising is you  don’t have to throw much money at it to try it.   When I began trying it out, I would spend $25 at $5/day for 5 days just to test it out.  My goal was always more “Likes” on the page and with only one exception was it for a specific event or post.  I have found that sponsored stories get the most results.

On one occasion, I did target fans of comic books and comic book movies for an event that we were hosting at the museum that revolved around that audience and I felt like it did a good job of reaching that audience.

I don’t run advertising on Facebook all the time but do find that when I do our page gets more likes and more engagement which means a greater reach.    If you’d like to check out our Facebook page it’s http://www.facebook.com/amse.org

I’m not an expert at Facebook marketing but I’d be happy to answer any specific questions you may have if I can.

Ken

Ken Mayes
AMSE Deputy Director
865.574.9584 cell 865.216.2239