Erin,

I came across the following website last year (or it was
recommended--forget which), and it includes free downloads that help you
figure out how to come up with an hourly rate and how to price a project.
As someone who was a consultant for 8 years before going back into the
institutional world, I wish I'd found this information way back at the
beginning of my independent work! It's by Mary Ellen Bates, who runs a
research and information consulting firm.

http://www.batesinfo.com/store/store.html

Hope this helps.

Martha Katz-Hyman
Curator