Cate--

I can sympathize, but it will be even more difficult for us to help or suggest without at least some guidance, such as . . .

- The institution, including the size and mission
- What they mean by "knowledge base"
- The project goals and objectives
- And why on earth someone would spec SharePoint

If you'll send more information to the list, you may receive more responses, and more helpful responses.

And a final clarification: You have the money, now you just need to justify it?

Best regards--

Lee

   Lee Wright  - Founder  -  The History List  (www.TheHistoryList.com)  -  [log in to unmask]