The Ohio Historical Society is seeking a Curation Assistant in its Museum & Library Services Division on a one year contract with the possibility of extension.

This position assists Archaeology Staff with various field work projects at OHS sites. Examples of responsibilities include:

·         Conducting Phase I-III archaeological field work at OHS sites.

·         Performing artifact processing and cataloging.

·         Contributing to the preparation of technical reports of the results of Phase I-III archaeological investigations.

Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology/Archaeology, although a Master's degree would be preferred, and have at least three years of field work experience in a CRM setting and experience with writing section 106 reports.

Thorough knowledge of archaeological field methods, knowledge of and experience with artifact identification, intermediate mathematical skills, computer skills, proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Access are desired.

In-State, overnight travel will be necessary.

For more information or to complete an online application go to: http://www.ohiohistory.org/about/jobs/. Or contact the OHS Human Resource Office at:

800 E. 17th Ave.

Columbus, OH 43211-2497

Fax: 614.297.2293

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

The Ohio Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer. The Ohio Historical Society does not discriminate in its employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, and veteran status, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.

Linda Pansing

Curator of Archaeology

Ohio Historical Society

800 East 17th Ave.

Columbus, OH 43211
(614) 298-2061 (office)
(614) 298-2089 (fax)

http://www.ohiohistory.org/collections--archives/archaeology
Archaeology Blog http://apps.ohiohistory.org/ohioarchaeology/

Facebook: Ohio Historical Society. Twitter & YouTube: OhioHistory. Sign up for the e-newsletter, Histore-news: ohiohistory.org/e-news/

As the caretaker of Ohio's heritage, we at the nonprofit Ohio Historical Society provide a wide array of statewide services and programs related to collecting, preserving and interpreting Ohio's history.