It wouldn't be a hard conversion  depends on the old camera and the camera you want to use.   Large format cameras haven't change all the much in 100 years so the parts to modify the old camera to use a modern camera shouldn't be that hard.  What is the old camera and how do you want this camera to opperate?   Use old large format lenses with modern camera like a cheap sony NEX that has plenty of mod parts.   I actually use a NEX in studio on my 4x5 technical camera with on $350 part. ( you will need more because you won't have a graflok adapter on your old camera.)

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/