Date:    Tue, 8 Oct 2013 15:59:16 -0400
From:    Kathie Gow <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 11x17 paper options for printing exhibit signs/labels

Hi listers. We are getting ready to buy a Brother MPC-J6710DW 11x17
printer/scanner so we can 1) scan our own oversize documents for our museum
database and 2) so we can print out 11x17 posters and labels/photos for
exhibits. We would be mounting these on foam core, so they don't need to be
heavy, but I also want a weight that's easy to work with, won't wrinkle,
gives good tonal qualities and color for photos, etc...

There don't seem to be many choices in this size and even less in physical
stores (like Staples), but wondering if any of you have experience with any
of these papers or have recommendations in general for printing your own
oversize photos and photo/text signage.

I am hoping to find a matte and a glossy photo paper, as well as a 30-32
lb. cotton ivory for straight text labels/signage (though haven't found
anything in this size that fits the bill for a 30-32 lb, let alone cotton).

--Epson Presentation Paper, Matte, 11x17 (reviews sound like too thin)
--Epson Presentation Paper, Glossy, 11x17 (perhaps also too thin?)
--Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper, 11x17
--Hammermill Fore MP 30PC, 24 lb.

Thanks for whatever advice you can give!

--Kathie

Kathie Gow

Curator, Hatfield Historical Museum     http://hatfieldhistory.weebly.com

Oral History Producer     http://www.wordspicturesstories.com