Earlier this year, the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
announced a cooperative agreement with Heritage Preservation to conduct a
second Heritage Health Index (HHI II)—with major support from the National
Endowment for the Humanities. Because we’ll be working closely with you on
this project, we wanted to make sure to share the great news, including the
announcement of the HHI II director.

 As many of you already know, the original survey was conducted nearly 10
years ago and served as the first comprehensive study to assess the
condition of U.S. collections. Results were published in the groundbreaking
“A Public Trust at Risk: The Heritage Health Index Report on the State of
America’s Collections.” HHI II will examine the changes that have taken
place in collections care in the U.S. during the past decade and the extent
and effectiveness of preservation activities and initiatives during that
time.

Heritage Preservation has recently named Lesley A. Langa the director of
this important project. To learn more about Lesley and HHI II, visit:
http://www.heritagepreservation.org/news/langa.html

We look forward to working with you on this comprehensive study in the
coming months!

--

*Jenny Wiley Arena  **| *Coordinator, Communications and Online Learning
*Heritage Preservation  **| *t 202-233-0800  *|  *f 202-233-0807