We made the transition a few years ago with what I would define as great success. You can contact me, Mike, to discuss details.

--suzanne Buchanan

Hingham Historical Society

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Reuter
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Paid Docent Transitioning Into Volunteer Docent

Hi all:

Currently our museum offers paid docents to provide tours of our historic site. Realistically, we cannot afford this over the long term. Has anyone out there had success in transitioning to a volunteer core of tour guides for both weekdays and weekends and be willing to provide successes, strategies and pitfalls for this transition?

Please message me privately.

Thanks!

Mike Reuter

--