Just a thought, silverfish are indicative of moisture.   Suggest you also check your plumbing, A/C condensation, etc.  Wishing you success!

FrannMarie
On Sep 11, 2013, at 3:42 PM, Jessica Knight wrote:

Thanks everybody. If we do use diatomaceous earth it will be food grade and the EPA says it's not hazardous to humans or animals unless exposed directly for an extended period of time. The stuff they use in swimming pools is the extremely hazardous stuff. Even though it will kill the pest slowly we want them killed. Sticky traps can only do so much. We've been researching ways to do more without using conventional chemicals. Thanks again for everyone's input!

Dave, we do have an IPM system. In fact, I wrote it. Researching non-chemical alternatives when there is evidence of infestation is a part of it.

Jessica Knight
Collections Assistant
Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum
Buffalo, Wyoming