Cassidy,
I think you're overlooking using a "pen name".  Back in the '70s I wrote a
series of articles for a treasure hunting magazine under the pen name "Jay
Colt", which was a takeoff on my first initial and half my middle name.  I
also use that nom de plume with the Geocashing group.  On most Internet
groups I am known as "Whiskers".  On an enormous group, such as the
millions that are probably on Yahoo, look for me as "Actapublicurist".
Now, for absolutely nothing at all, can anyone tell me what an
actapublicurist is?

If my name was Cassidy, I'd be "Hopalong" or just "Hoppy".  You know, for
"Hopalong Cassidy".  (Sorry....:-)

So give it a try.  Make up a pleasant name and no one in the world will
know it's you.

Also, remember, old deaf guy here.  I think ML means mailing list, but
what's FIT?  The initials of a college?  And what does "a non-dress-related
job" mean?

I've bookmarked your blog and look forward to reading it.

Casandra,
You say, "In my experience, honesty is admired as long as it's 'done
right".  Does that mean as long as it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings?  Or
do you mean, as long as it's "politically correct"?

-Jim