From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Meloni
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 6:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L]

Lister’s

I am applying for different museum positions, and I am finding a lot of positions that do not give a contact person’s name to address the cover letter to.  What is the best way to address the letter to, Dear Human Resources, Dear Hiring Manager or is there a better option available than the worst possible option Dear Sir/Madam or Dear Mr or Mrs.  I don’t want to use this option but most museums do not have a Human Resources department.  I have taken the time to search the website of the museums for clues but have generally not turned up anything that is very helpful to me.

Thank you lister’s for all of your great advice

Sincerly

A. Peter Meloni