I was the curator for a small local history museum before moving to Wisconsin.  My six words are the words I feared most and always came from the board: "wealthy patron, recently deceased, no family."

Sarah Faford

From: Nicole Paterson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] We want your most unforgettable museum story--in six words

I've heard this uttered and spoken it myself many, many times:

We just can't have nice things.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Caitlyn Perry Dial <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Whose footprint is in the diorama?

Caitlyn Perry Dial
PhD Candidate
Department of History
Western Michigan University

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Maria VanVreede <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"Do we have enough storage space?"   - and multiple iterations of the question whenever something new is offered/arrived/removed from exhibit.

Maria VanVreede
Collections Manager
National Model Aviation Museum