You are invited to join NAME (National Association for Museum Exhibition) for a series of Twitter chats about innovative, visitor-centered practices in museums. NAME is hosting this chat series in conjunction with the latest issue of the Exhibitionist journal, on the topic of "Meaning Making."

The first chat will be held on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 (1pm EST / 10 AM PST). We'll be talking with staff from the Oakland Museum of California(@oaklandmuseumca) about integrating visitor-made imagery within an exhibition display.

Follow @NAMExhibitions on Twitter or search for the hashtag #meaningmaking to get started.

CHAT HOSTS
* Dana Allen-Greil, Editorial Advisory Board, Exhibitionist - @danamuses
* Gretchen Jennings, Editor, Exhibitionist - @gretchjenn
* Peter Samis, Associate Curator, Interpretation, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art - @psamis
* Mimi Michaelson, Independent Researcher

CHAT GUESTS
* Lori Fogarty, Director and CEO
* Lisa Silberstein, Experience Developer
* Mary Faria, Evaluator
* Sean Olson, Research and Experience Coordinator
* Carin Adams, Associate Curator Art and Material Culture
* Jennifer Miller, Exhibition Assistant
* Robert Fahey, Social Media Coordinator

RECOMMENDED READING
We recommend that you read the short article, "Meaning Making in Nine Acts," by Peter Samis and Mimi Michaelson prior to the chat. http://bit.ly/meaningmakingarticle

UPCOMING CHATS
Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 4pm EST / 1 PM PST
Join us for the next #meaningmaking chat on July 31 about museums as community living rooms. Our guests will be staff from the Columbus Museum of Art.

LEARN MORE
You can find more information about our guests and the chat topic here:
http://storify.com/NAMExhibitions/meaningmaking-chat-july-17-2013/