To art museums that exhibit living working artists,

I would like to have a better idea of how other institutions proceed with living working artists.

Do you exhibit emerging artists, mid career…

Do you exhibit new works of art made after the artist has agreed to exhibit.

What are your time lines for finalized lists of objects, agreements or contracts, and other items in relation to the open date of the exhibition.

I would also like to know if you use text written by the artist, or if text is written and provided by the institution (or both).

An idea of the size of your institution would be helpful.

Thank you for your input,

Elizabeth (Lisa) Petrulis,

Curator of collections and exhibits

Sheldon Swope Art Museum