To all those that have expressed support for our flood recovery, I just wanted to express my thanks and gratitude. Cleaning up after a natural disaster of this magnitude will take time, money and energy and I just wanted to say that I am so grateful for your support. To see some of the flood damage, please visit our website at www.fortmcmurrayhistory.com . You can also make donations towards our recovery from our home page. The estimated damage to our historic site remains incalculable. Here is a note that was posted by our Executive Director.

Sadly our beautiful Heritage Park is in ruins.

Because of amazing and caring people, today we were able to remove more of the artifacts, archives, our office files and computers from the buildings. The historical buildings have flooded and we will be assessing the damages as soon as we are able to safely do so. As of this evening, Heritage Park Gift Shop and the main building remain safe and dry. ...

Although we are not out of danger yet, we are encouraged and very thankful for the support we continue to receive from E Construction management & staff, Brad & Dunvegan staff, Wilson Industries, Smitty's, ATCO Power, RCMP, Peace Officers & Sheriffs, Forestry staff, Mrs.Jean and the RMWB.

I am extremely graceful to Torchy Peden, because of his knowledge and insight on the rising waters of the rivers, early Monday morning we began to move our archives and artifacts to higher grounds and many of our assets have placed in storage units.

Many,many thanks to Brad & Carmen Ramstead (our Society President), Tammy Plowman (my daughter) and Torchy Peden who continue to keep watch and give directions at the park.
Thank you to our Heritage Park's staff Tammy, Elisa, Emma, Nastassia, Susan, Nick, Eva, Tyler, Kailey, Heather and all our summer students for their hard work during these times.
Words can not express how appreciative I am to all the incredible volunteers who have been showing up to help in so many ways.

Though these are difficult and trying times, with the support of our community, Heritage Park will once again be a beautiful, beautiful place!

Emma McDonald

Curator

Fort McMurray Historical Society

Heritage Park