Dear Colleagues,

We are writing to let you know about our Positions in Public Humanities,
which are now part of the America's Historical and Cultural
Organizations (AHCO) grant program.

Positions in Public Humanities are intended to reinvigorate the
interpretation of the humanities at museums and historical
organizations. As part of an AHCO grant request, organizations are
invited to request a supplement for a Position in Public Humanities.
This program supports two-year, entry-level positions at museums,
historical societies, and historic sites for recent graduates of public
humanities programs (MA or PhD) whose expertise is critical to a
project's success.

In funding these positions at selected museums and historical
organizations, NEH seeks to strengthen AHCO projects by incorporating
fresh ideas and perspectives. We also hope to give new graduates
meaningful experience working in public humanities institutions. We
anticipate funding up to ten two-year positions at a salary of
$30,000/year.

The next application deadline for America's Historical and Cultural
Organizations is August 14. Complete application guidelines may be found
on the NEH website at
http://www.neh.gov/files/grants/ahco-implementation-aug-14-2013.pdf
<http://www.neh.gov/files/grants/ahco-implementation-aug-14-2013.pdf>

More information about Positions in Public Humanities is available here
<http://www.neh.gov/files/grants/positions_in_public_humanities.pdf>
(PDF).

We hope you will help us to spread the word about this program.

Many thanks,

Division of Public Programs staff