Hi all::

I lead a small county historical society in rural Wisconsin. As I am
creating new programming, unearthing new membership and generally
attempting to get our museum better connected with the community, my mind
tends to drift back to the big picture of our museum's mission.

I wonder if our museum and all others out there have a growth ceiling that
is based both on population and what I call, "care of history". Only so
many people in my community are going to "care about history", no matter
how much effort we put into changing their minds otherwise.

Are there any other professionals out there that wonder the same thing? And
what to do about it, or just grind ahead with the belief that with
value-based offerings, a museum can evolve into a critical community asset?

Just curious as I sit here managing a rental event.

Thanks!

Mike

--
Michael Reuter