Date:    Fri, 7 Jun 2013 14:07:18 +0000
From:    "Fulcher, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: signage in multipurpose institutions

Hi, all-

I'm wondering about challenges or successes people have had regarding signage in multipurpose institutions (e.g. an historic building that is also an active educational or municipal building). The National Cathedral is an historic, cultural, and architectural destination with many visitors, but it is also an active church, as well as a concert venue. Many different departments have an interest in signage, both its physical appearance, and also its placement. We tend to move stanchion signs around as needed based on the activity taking place at the time-hoping we can find the signs again after the fact, which another department may have moved.

We're trying to take a fresh look at our signage, with the possibility of new hardware, new content, etc. I'm hoping for a collaborative and integrated effort across departments and would love to hear your methods or any advice out of similar circumstances.

Thanks for anything you can share!

Best,
Charles

Charles E. Fulcher Jr.
Special Programs Manager

WASHINGTON NATIONAL CATHEDRAL
Telephone (202) 537-2346 * Fax (202) 364.6611
www.groups.cathedral.org<http://www.groups.cathedral.org/>