Hmm...  I would still check with your admin.  When I signed up with my work
email, the admin allowed the listserv for me only and other users were
still blocked (we were not supposed to be able to subscribe to ANYTHING
there).  Maybe your coworker has it allowed for some reason and you do
not?  These things *can* be user specific.
-Casandra
Ps. Thanks for spelling my name correctly.  =)  That is a rare occurrence,
indeed.