Hi all, I am a recent BFA graduate and I am seeking resources from experienced professionals on how to prepare myself for a career in Museum Institutions.

A little about me: I've completed internships at non profits, I've worked as an educator for a children's museum and I held a seasonal position at a local gallery. I have experience in digital and analog photography, archiving and organization. I also know how to use programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and ArtSystems Pro. I've searched nyfa.org, googled as much as I can and have set up a LinkedIn, however I feel like there isn't enough information out there for someone who needs help writing Cover Letters and preparing Resumes for positions such as Archiving, Registrar, Collections Management, Art Gallery Assistant (which happen to be full time positions that I am constantly looking for.)

My career goal is to secure a permanent full time position in a Museum where I have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with others.

What are the "do's" and "don'ts" of applying for a full time position at a Museum or Fine Art Gallery?

Help, anyone?

Thanks,
Maria Estevez