Dear list members,
I share this on behalf of my organization. Please forgive cross-postings.

List members may be interested in this new publication, which features signature works by some of the world’s leading contemporary artists, including Janine Antoni, Matthew Barney, Jeremy Blake, Teresita Fernández, gelitin, Felix Gonzalez-Torres, Guyton\Walker, Mona Hatoum, Arturo Herrera, Liz Larner, Sol LeWitt, Jason Rhoades, Robert Therrien, Rachel Whiteread, Erwin Wurm, and a host of others.

DECADE: Contemporary Collecting 2002–2012

This richly illustrated exhibition catalogue explores the evolution of art in the twenty-first century through key works that entered the Albright-Knox Art Gallery’s world-renowned Collection from 2002 to 2012. Featuring more than 150 color plates, an essay by the curator and art critic David Pagel, a conversation with Albright-Knox Director Louis Grachos and Chief Curator Douglas Dreishpoon, introductions to the exhibition’s ten timely themes by Curator Heather Pesanti, and a fully illustrated list of the more than 1,000 works of art that entered the Collection during the decade, it captures the current global artmaking generation and explores the ever-expanding scope of art in the present era.

12¼ x 9½ inches, 432 pages, full color

PUBLICATION DETAILS

Title: DECADE: Contemporary Collecting 2002–2012

ISBN: 9781887457132

Pages: 432

Publication: October 2012

Price: $150., plus shipping