Hi group

We have been having an ongoing discussion here at the Nashville Zoo
regarding setting up a speakers' bureau for our various staff members who
get asked to go to speaking engagements in the community. Based on the
topic and expertise, the fees would be on a sliding scale. For example, a
talk to a community group about the latest happenings at the zoo by our PR
director (promotion) is free of charge, while an hour talk by our head
veterinarian to a college biology group (techincal / professional) would be
a hundred dollars. We are trying to figure out where I would fit in
(history professional, informational, promotional). And we wondered how
other historic sites set up their outside speaking engagements. Do you
charge a fee, or just accept an honorarium if one is offered? Does it
depend on the subject matter presented?
 Thanks in advance!
Tori Mason
Historic Croft House Manager
Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
615-833-1534 x316
http://www.nashvillezoo.org/grassmere-historic-home
**
*Nashville Zoo Mission: *
*To inspire a culture of understanding and discovery of our natural world
through conservation, innovation and research.*
**
*Grassmere Historic Farm Mission:
To preserve and interpret the Croft House and Grassmere Historic Farm, in
order to enrich and inspire our visitors, and to educate them about the
past, present and future of the property known as the Nashville Zoo at
Grassmere.
*
**
*-*