Hi.  I'm David Brown, new to this list, and director of Descanso Gardens, a botanic garden and historical site with AAM accreditation and located in La Canada, CA (greater LA-area).  We have recently completed a small, new gallery for exhibitions of art (heavy to the contemporary), science, and history focusing on plants, botany, natural systems, ecology, and so forth.  Descanso is operated by a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, so we are similar to a (very) small college or university with a gallery and exhibition program.  Our board of trustees is asking for a set of clear policies for the gallery exhibition program--not curatorial, but operational.  Policy areas include such things as security, insurance, environmental conditions, donor recognition, gift acceptance, and so forth.  (We do not plan to start a permanent collection, so policies on acquisition and de-accessioning are not necessary.)  I am hoping we are not the first explorers on this path and that there may be similar institutions out there who have been through this; have well-developed policy statements or manuals; and would be willing to share with us.  Thank you!