[Assuming others have considered or are using Flickr accounts, I'm replying to the list.  LW]

A Flickr group is a simple, free way to enable others to contribute photos.  Here's the explanation of the options from the Flickr site:

"Groups can either be public, public (invite only) or completely private. Every group has a pool for photos and/or video and a discussion board for talking. There are administrators and members, and... that's about it!"

Also, if you're looking for an easy way to incorporate pictures from an account or group in your site or blog, we've used the free Pictobrowser: http://pictobrowser.com/.  No technical skills required.

Here's an example with 400+ photos: http://www.thehistorylist.com/blog_posts/58-The-Vermont-History-Expo-150-history-organizations-and-thousands-of-guests.  Despite the large number of photos, the page still loads very quickly.  (Note that those photos are drawn from an individual account, not a group, but the effect would be the same.)

Good luck with your project--

Lee
Lee Wright  |  [log in to unmask]