The March issue of ARTnews magazine had a few articles relating to the burgeoning international "art/science" movement. Being the director of a gallery whose programmatic emphasis falls within the art-sci category, I'm curious to know how the art/musuem world in general feels, if it feels anything, about this rapidly expanding interest. I've noticed that art-sci often garners media attention for its novelty — the spectacle of two stereotypically opposite ends of a spectrum coming together. But I see little in the media about why it matters at a deeper level, that they should combine. Wondering if there's any thoughts out there . . .

http://www.artnews.com/issue/march-2013/

http://openlabresearch.com/2727-2

S t e p h e n    N o w l i n
Director, Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery
626.396.2397 | http://williamsongallery.net/google

Art Center College of Design
P a s a d e n a  —  C I t y   o f   A r t   &   S c I e n c e