Hello all,

I hope someone can help point me in the right direction on this issue - my mother recently passed away unexpectedly and among her possessions is a large collection of vintage and antique knitting/sewing/craft tools and implements (darning eggs, crochet hooks, thimbles, needles, knitting knobbies, much much more). There are at least 4 large curio cabinets filled to the brim with these things - hundreds and perhaps thousands of items.

She left no instructions as to how to dispose of the collection. We don't know the monetary value of the collection, although to her it was priceless. My family would like for the collection to stay together, if possible, and find a home for it either with a collector who will love the pieces as she loved them or in a museum, historical society, or some other kind of institution where they'll be cared for.

So, what should our first steps be? Does anyone know of a place where these things could find a home?

Many thanks,
Angela Andres