Thanks to ALHFAM for posting the following link on their Face Book page this morning.  It has now got me wondering how many museums have used flash mobs as a marketing tool. Do you know of any other creative/innovative marketing campaigns for museums? (I’m just curious about this topic – I’m not doing a research paper or anything.)

http://www.humo.be/filmpjes/235279/flashmob-brengt-de-nachtwacht-tot-leven

For those of you who’s Dutch is rusty, this says: "Following the reopening of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam's shopping Breda transformed into a live version of Rembrandt's 'The Night Watch'.

-------

Robin H. Gabriel

Director of Education

FRICK ART & HISTORICAL CENTER

7227 Reynolds Street • Pittsburgh, PA 15208

www.TheFrickPittsburgh.org

A Kind of Alchemy: Medieval Persian Ceramics
on view through June 16