Hello!  I am a collections manager at a small firefighting museum.  We recently deaccessioned several fire pumpers and are looking to sell several of them to generate funds for the collection.  I have never dealt with selling a vehicle and was wondering if museums need to file any paperwork with their state DMV to register an untitled and/or unregistered vehicle before the item is publicly put up for sale.   The trucks are older than 1972 and therefore not titled.   I have the required signed Deed of Gift between the donor and the Museum but no paperwork showing vehicle transfer of ownership (ie the registration).  Also, what paperwork do I provide the buyer once it is sold?  Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.
If any museums are looking for a fire pumper please contact me off list and I can provide you with additional details.  The fire pumpers are a 1936 Pirsch, 1942 Sanford/ Ford and a 1971 Hahn.

Laura