Hi everyone,

The museum I work at is growing rapidly. As the new healthcare legislation starts to set in, we're interested in hiring contracted full-time, non-benefited educators and other staff. However, our HR department (coming from a for-profit, corporate background) is hesitant to do so without more information on the topic. Although I'd love for everyone to receive benefits, I know we have many more people who'd simply prefer to have full-time hours instead of part-time.

Can anyone point me in the direction of resources/research related to this topic?

In an effort to gather information and convince them that other museums & non-profits are hiring this way, my director has created the following survey. I'd be very appreciative if you all could take a few moments to fill it out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D7J39XN

 Best,

Thomas Close
Gallery Experience Manager