All positions are important for different reasons, and funding
unfortunately seems to cause some of this rift.  I do hope that all these
pesky museum studies programs help to mend some of these rifts by giving
information to new professionals in all aspects of museum work, so that we
can have understanding and respect for expertise of others while also
developing our own core knowledge.  :)

And I would love if more curators stood in the shoes of educators and
interpreters. The questions I have gotten and conversations I have had with
guests, teachers and children let me test out exhibit ideas and label
topics better than any other research I ever could have done at my current
museum and see so clearly where the gaps were and even what vocabulary
works best.