Sorry for the cross posting.

I work at a relatively new museum.  We are less than two years old and just starting to build a collection of modern and contemporary art.  We anticipate in the near future that we will begin to be offered digital works of art.  I am trying to be proactive and figure out (with the help of the college's IT staff) the best way to store these pieces once they are accessioned into the collection.  I was hoping some of you would have suggestions as to what works best.  Do you have a dedicated server?  Do you keep things in the cloud?  Other ideas?  The college's IT staff is willing to go in whatever direction I recommend.  I am trying to figure out if there is an industry standard out there.

On the same note, does anyone have an institutional plan which outlines how the museum cares for/manages digital collections?  I am thinking this is something I will have to create for the Gund Gallery and would love to see other examples.  I envision our plan addressing such issues as data migration; updating software programs used by artists; the museums ability to change the format of an art piece if a program become obsolete; etc.   If anyone has already tried to tackle this I would love to hear your war stories.

Thanks!

Julie

--
Julie Leone