Good afternoon everyone,

So my organization has had the good fortune to obtain some funding to build a new larger space for our collections. I will begin planning an object move for this summer and I would love some advice on the best plan of action. There are a few hiccups. First the room will not be completed for at least 60-90 days. The problem here lies in that the collections must be moved from their current location into the new storage by the end of June 2013 because we are installing a simulator and need the space for the computer system. This leaves me only about a month and a half to move the collections. It's a fairly small collection and consist of a few thousand items. Most of the collection is archival materials but we do have a variety of artifacts that range from uniform to engine parts.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can best prepare for the move so I can get it finished as quickly and efficiently as possible? I will most likely have volunteers and interns to assist with this project. There is also a possibility to hire a few contract positions but this is not 100%. I ewould appreciate any wisdom that you all can share with me.

Have a lovely day!

-Megan Geurts

--
Megan Geurts