Kathie

I'd start by checking with the folks at the Northeast Document Conservation Center in Andover, MA.  www.nedcc.org

Robin Gabriel

On Feb 28, 2013, at 10:12 PM, Kathie Gow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi listers. We have an 18th c. letter (a two-sided single sheet) that was “silked” sometime in the early 1900s. The paper is very stiff, with a bit of a milky film over the ink. As this letter is important to our collection, we would like to explore the option of having it “de-silked.” If you have any experience with this, what advice/tips can you offer, as well as a ballpark idea of cost? And who did you use? Feel free to contact me off list. Thanks!

--Kathie

Kathie Gow