Thank you to everyone who replied! I took your advice into consideration and notified the curators with whom I worked that I would be applying for the position at that museum. Everyone responded positively and was supportive. I did not end up mentioning names in the personal statement, though in the portion of the application asking me to elaborate on my employment history I did say to whom I reported in the departments where I had worked. I'm glad I ended up emailing the people I had worked with because it just felt a lot less shady knowing that they were aware of what I was doing, and that I had their support.

Thank you all again for your input!

Best regards,
Alexandra