My advice is that ALL health and safety regulations have to be followed in this instance - so ask for a review of materials and methods being used by your safety officer or dept. including a review of the MSDS sheets for all chemicals and paints used.

Also it is far better for filters to have particles than art, objects, and archives. You need a plan to shield or move all collections from the Gallery.

Cheers!
Dave

Senior Conserva
tor & Museum Conservator