There are lots, but you can start with the Foundation Center, the AAM, AASLH, the National Trust and your regional museum association, using their links.  Also call your colleagues locally.  The webinars tend to be really terrific sources and many are free.

Alexandra Rollins
617-524-6007

From: Kasey Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:59 AM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Resources for writing grants

Dear Museum-L,

I am currently looking for information and resources for writing grants. I work for a very small, non-profit historic site and we are looking for ways to expand our fundraising. We have no shortage of good ideas on how to make our site better, but we always come back to how are we going to fund it. I brought up the possibility of finding grants, but realized that I don't even know where to start, which is why I am turning to you.

Are there any good sites out there to learn how to write grants and/or where to find the grants themselves so that I can apply for them?

Thanks!

Kasey A. Johnson