Mountain-Plains Museums Association's 2013  Conference
CALL FOR PROPOSALS – DEADLINE January  25th

WORKSHOPS, POSTERS AND  SESSIONS
2013  MPMA Conference: September 29-October  3 Lincoln, Nebraska

Conference Theme: Building the museum community: inside,  outside all
around the town

1. MPMA's 2013  Proposal Form is online: Visit MPMA's website at
_http://www.mpma.net/_ (http://www.mpma.net/)   to get the form

2. Need help  finding panelists or a topic? Want to join a  panel?
We will be glad to  help you find presenters for your panel. And we are
happy to suggest topics. If  you wish, we can let others know that you would
like to join a panel. Contact us  at [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])
3. Companies  welcomed to submit proposals
We are interested in  hearing about your expertise and your products.
Limited slots available in our  Commercial Sessions.

4. 2013 Conference Theme: Conference  Theme:
Building the museum community: inside, outside all  around the town

Lincoln, Nebraska,  occupies a special place in the heartland.  Did you
know it has great architecture?  Did you know it has more museums than most
towns of its size? It also  manifests the spirit of the new west where
generating solutions for modern  world concerns are met with perspectives as
wide-open as the plains.  " Building the museum  community: inside, outside all
around the town" evokes both the essence of our  conference host city and
invites reflection on the theme of broadening our vision to our concerns for
economic survival, preservation of what is valued in the cultural and
architectural environment, and handing over the reins to the next generation of
leaders,  scholars, and practitioners. Session proposals relating to the
conference  theme and which focus on successful solutions are welcomed as are
proposals relating to any  other museum issues connected with  new communities
and new responses to  new groups.

Monta Lee
Monta Lee Dakin, MPMA Executive  Director

MPMA: A Ten-state museum network

Colorado, Kansas,  Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma,
South Dakota, Texas and  Wyoming

Mark your calendar:
2013 MPMA  Conference: September 29-October 3 Lincoln, Nebraska

Mountain-Plains  Museums Association
7110 West David Drive
Littleton, Colorado  80128-5404
303-979-9358 www.mpma.net