Hi Everyone,

I am interested in hearing about the pros and cons of barcoding for general inventory management purposes from those of you who use barcoding in this way. My museum is considering adopting a barcoding system but there has been some discussion on its usefulness to us. Reading the past archives on Museum-L, it seems like barcoding has been best used for collections moves. QR codes have also been brought into our discussion for inventory management purposes - does anyone have an opinion they could share with me? Is it useful to you or not? Thanks!

Cathy Osterman
Curator of Collections
Northfield Historical Society