We are hoping to hand over the processing of applications and payments for our regional juried exhibition to a company that manages these things for a fee.  The company must meet PCI-compliance standards of our parent university.  Currently, we’re looking at a service called SlideRoom – does anyone have experience with them?  It seems to be almost perfect – except that their jurying process only allows you to select an artist for inclusion, not designate which of multiple entries from that artist has been chosen for the show.  The exhibition is comprised of 100 objects, some of which maybe by the same artist, but certainly not in all cases.  I’m reluctant to have the juror select 50 artists and guarantee that both their works are included, as I don’t think this will result in the strongest body of work.  Any suggestions from others who have used a service for this process?  Thanks and Happy New Year!

Marie Via

Director of Exhibitions

Memorial Art Gallery

500 University Ave.

Rochester, NY  14607

585-276-9003

Changing Hands: Art Without Reservation 3
November 18, 2012–February 10, 2013
In the Grand Gallery

Framing Edo: Masterworks from Hiroshige’s One Hundred Famous Views
Selections from the Arthur R. Miller Collection

Through January 13, 2013 in the Lockhart Gallery