As an "emerging museum professional" I wouldn't necessarily argue with your
statements, but I would add one more.
Because of today's job market low pay for a job that, if you notice is
actually two jobs in one, isn't completely uncommon although $10/hr. is a
bit low. Today's job market isn't helped by the large amount of museum
professionals who, ten years ago would have retired much earlier than they
do today. There are, to quote your rhetoric "too d**m many" professionals
not making room for the new and no new positions being added. In fact many
being eliminated- hence the archivist/education manager.
Although this isn't only the case in museums.