From: Museum discussion list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Megan D Valentine (mdvlntn1) [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] University Museum Proposal

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student in the museum studies program at the University of Memphis.  I am creating a proposal for the creation of a museum at another university (in Arkansas) for a course here, as well as practical application at that university.

I would like to include some information regarding the relationships between university museums and the institution itself, especially administration, as well as the nearby community.

If you work in a university museum, how do you work together with the administration of the university to ensure the success of your museum?  What kind of relationship do you have with the university, and how involved are they in the museum's activities?

Any examples and information I could include in the proposal for the university to help in developing a university museum would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Megan Valentine

Curatorial Graduate Assistant
Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology
University of Memphis