Try securitycommittee.org for a lot of information about museum security. It's the unofficial website of the Museum Association Security Committee (MASC). MASC is a professional interest network of the American Alliance of Museums.
Pat Miller

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
-----Original Message-----
From: Leah Fox <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 10:02 am
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Security Guards and Visitor Experience Training

Hi All,

We have been putting an increased emphasis on examining new ways to improve the visitor experience at our museum. One area that seems untapped here (and by art museums in general) is the critical role of security guards in the visitor experience.

I would like to know if anyone is aware of any models at other museums, or at your own museum, for training and communication for security in this area.

Thank you!
Leah

Leah Fox, Director of Public Programs
Currier Museum of Art
150 Ash Street
Manchester, NH 03104

Visit our Online Curriculum for Educators at http://curriculum.currier.org.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message including all attachments.

--
Patricia L. Miller, Executive Director
Illinois Heritage Association