You might want to get in touch with Dr. Ruth Hawkins at Arkansas State
University.  She has been involved in several museum projects and has worked
closely with community groups in the region.

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student in the museum studies program at the University of
Memphis.  I am creating a proposal for the creation of a museum at another
university (in Arkansas) for a course here, as well as practical application
at that university.

I would like to include some information regarding the relationships between
university museums and the institution itself, especially administration, as
well as the nearby community.

If you work in a university museum, how do you work together with the
administration of the university to ensure the success of your museum?  What
kind of relationship do you have with the university, and how involved are
they in the museum's activities?

Any examples and information I could include in the proposal for the
university to help in developing a university museum would be incredibly
helpful.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Megan Valentine

Curatorial Graduate Assistant

Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology

University of Memphis

  _____

http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L
<http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1> &A=1