From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Walton
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 4:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Storage of Political Memorabilia

I don't, because any form of stacking them would have something in contact with the plastic top, which could easily turn sticky over time and cause them to stick together (or stick tissue on them). Stacking trays in document boxes would make for efficient use of space since the trays can be only one or two inches deep. You can also just use flat boxes that can stack on one another, like this: http://www.gaylord.com/adblock.asp?abid=7105

You can use sizes that fit your shelves and using boxes that are all the same would make the use of space very efficient. If buttons are pinned they can be very close together.