From: Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tue, Nov 6, 2012 8:24 am
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Cobweb yarn game

We do it in a bedroom with our Christmas decorations in an 1840's historic house, I have never been able to find much about it though.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Tori Mason <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi List

I have a question for you all.  I am looking for information on the origins / history of something called the Cobweb Game, where balls of yarn are tied to a small present and then strung around a room in a cobweb pattern, creating a fun way to find your gift. I'm not having much luck finding out information on when this started, when it was popular (I've seen Victorian, but that's it), if it was for children primarily, Christmas or birthdays, etc. Any helpful information would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!
Tori

--
Tori Mason