Not to turn this into a political debate, but you've confused the freedom
of *speech* guaranteed by the 1st amendment, with a freedom from
*consequence*... which is not a guaranteed right. No one is stopping them
from doing this, but by presenting it in the public forum it is opening up
the action to public scrutiny and possibly criticism. Or is only one side
of the argument allowed that precious freedom?