Hello All,

I have small and rural area museums on my mind!

I'm writing a session proposal for next year’s Western Museums Association conference. The focus is on small and rural areas museums that currently are not involved with AAM or WMA. The details are still being teased out, but I'm thinking of a title along the lines of "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" It will center on how associations like AAM and WMA could start to involve this type of museum, and could help them reach a higher professional standard.

If this interests you, please contact me off-list. I'm also interested in hearing from anyone on the board of their state museum association as well (I'm from Idaho and on our board, so I'm curious to see if our needs are the same as other state associations that have many rural-area constituents).

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

Sarah Phillips

Curatorial Registrar