The National Building Museum is America’s leading cultural institution devoted to the history and impact of the built environment. We do this by telling the stories of architecture, engineering, and design. As one of the most family-friendly, awe-inspiring spots in Washington, D.C., we welcome visitors from around the world to our exhibitions, public programs, and festivals.

We’re currently hiring a Marketing & Communications Associate. The Marketing and Communications Associate will be part of the National Building Museum’s Marketing and Communications Department. We are responsible for branding initiatives, the Museum’s website and its social media, marketing the Museum’s exhibitions and public programs, and external relations including working with the press, publications, and advertising. Our objective is to increase the profile, visibility, and reputation of the Museum as America’s leading cultural institution dedicated to educating people about the built environment and its impact on their lives.

The Associate will be responsible for developing and managing marketing efforts including collateral material. The Associate will work closely with Museum staff, designers, printers and others. Strong project management and organization skills are imperative. He/she must be able to work collaboratively on multiple projects with many stakeholders on tight deadlines and budgets. He/she must pay attention to detail.

The Associate will also work with the media to generate publicity, respond to external inquires, and increase awareness of and attendance at the Museum’s activities through media coverage.

Successful candidates must have at least two years of experience in related field. Strong writing skills are required. Knowledge of the following software platforms is required: Microsoft Office, CRM and CMS (knowledge of Convio is a plus), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Indesign), PR databases (knowledge of CisionPoint is a plus).

Interested candidates should email a resume along with a cover letter, writing sample (press release, article, marketing proposal, etc.), and salary requirements to [log in to unmask]. Please put your last name and “MarComm Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.

--
Brett Rodgers
Director of Marketing & Communications

National Building Museum