It has always been my understanding that a museum or 501c3 non-profit is not allowed to declare monetary values for the IRS declarations - that is the reponsibilty of the donor to do or to engage a qualified third party such as an appraiser to do.

Cheers!
Dave

David Havey
Senior Conservator & Museum Consultant